Research and Travel Grants - Graduate School

Research and Travel Grants

Chapman Graduate Scholar Presentation Award Program
The University of Tulsa Chapman Graduate Scholar Presentation Awards Program provides assistance for graduate students to present their scholarship in a national or international forum to enhance the student’s career opportunities.

  • Any enrolled graduate student who is a senior author on an abstract and orally presenting research conducted at the University of Tulsa may apply.
  • The maximum amount of an individual award will be $1,000 for master’s students and $1,500 for doctoral students.
  • Applications for support during an academic year must be submitted by the end of the second week of classes during the fall or spring semesters; for a summer presentation, the request must be submitted by the end of the second week of the spring semester.

Student Research and Travel Grant Program Application
The University of Tulsa Student Research and Travel Grant Program helps students to engage in worthwhile research projects and presentations at professional meetings that otherwise may not be possible as a result of a lack of financial support. It is also hoped this grant program will open new areas of research and stimulate more students to engage in research activities and professional meetings.

  • Completed research applications with all required signatures should be submitted to the Research Office for review.
  • Applications for support during each semester must be submitted by the end of the third week of classes in order to be eligible for support during that semester. Funding decisions will be announced within ten working days of semester deadlines.
  • Applications for support during the summer term must be submitted by May 4. Awards will be announced by May 15.
  • Applications for financial support for professional presentations may be submitted throughout the year for review. Applications must be submitted a minimum of two weeks prior to the professional meeting.

Travel Expense Reimbursement Form
All graduate students seeking reimbursement for academic-related travel expenses covered by a Graduate School or Office of Research and Sponsored Programs travel grant must complete the Travel Expense Reimbursement form.