With the exception of departments with earlier deadlines (see below), applications for admission for the following fall semester should be sent to The University of Tulsa Graduate School no later than February 1 if the applicant is interested in being considered for a graduate assistantship.
Applications for most graduate programs are reviewed on a rolling basis. Admission is offered for the fall, spring and summer semesters. Applications for competitive scholarships and fellowships should be submitted no later than January 22.
Please note the following important exceptions to this application deadline information:
- Applications to the Clinical Psychology graduate program (Ph.D. and M.A.) must be submitted no later than December 1 for admission for the following fall semester.
- Applications to the Industrial/Organizational Psychology graduate program must be submitted no later than December 15 for admission for the following fall semester.
- Applications to the Geosciences department must be submitted no later than February 1 for admission for the following fall semester.
- Applications to the English Language and Literature graduate program are as follows: For full consideration for a graduate assistantship, the application to the English Language and Literature graduate program is due February 1, for admission the following fall semester. We do continue to accept and review applications after this date. If an MA applicant wishes to be considered for a Henneke scholarship, that application and the application to the MA program must be submitted by January 22. More information can be found on the Assistantships/Fellowships page.
Your application will not be considered complete until all the following items have been received:
- A completed Graduate School application
- $60 application fee
- Transcripts from all universities attended (including any community college credit)
- Statement of Purpose (admission essay).
- Standard Prompt (500-750 words): 1) Describe your research interests and professional goals. 2) How is TU’s graduate program best suited to help you accomplish these goals? Be specific about how your specialized interests align with TU’s available specialties.
- Certain programs have customized prompts that are detailed in the Special Application Requirements below.
- 2 – 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your academic potential.
- Most programs require a minimum of two letters with a third being optional, but strongly encouraged. Number of letters will be assigned following submission of online application form.
- GRE General Test results (Except where waived for various programs. See the program page or speak to an advisor for more details.)
- International students who studied at a university outside of the U.S. should submit TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo results.
Documents may be uploaded to the application website, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address listed below:
The University of Tulsa Graduate School
800 South Tucker Drive
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74104
Please Note: All application materials sent to the Graduate School become the property of The University of Tulsa. Materials will not be returned to applicants.
Special Application Requirements
Application materials may vary by program, depending on someone’s previous academic/professional background and their program of interest. Below is a list of programs with additional and/or slightly different requirements than those listed above. If a program is not listed below, their application requirements follow the standard list mentioned previously.