With the exception of departments with earlier deadlines (see below), applications for admission for the following fall semester should be sent to The University of Tulsa Graduate School no later than February 1 if the applicant is interested in being considered for a graduate assistantship. Applications for most graduate programs are reviewed on a rolling basis and admission is offered for the fall, spring and summer semesters. Applications for competitive scholarships and fellowships should be submitted no later than January 15.
Please note the following important exceptions to this application deadline information:
- Applications to the Clinical Psychology graduate program (Ph.D. and M.A.) must be submitted no later than December 1 for admission for the following fall semester.
- Applications to the Industrial/Organizational Psychology graduate program must be submitted no later than December 15 for admission for the following fall semester.
- Applications to the Art graduate programs must be submitted no later than February 1 for admission for the following fall semester.
- Applications to the Geosciences and Geophysics graduate programs must be submitted no later than February 1 for admission for the following fall semester.
- Applications to the English Language and Literature graduate program are evaluated by the departmental admission committee beginning February 15 for admission the following fall semester. For full consideration for admission and assistantship funding, please have your completed application submitted to the Graduate School no later than January 15.
Your application will not be considered complete until all the following items have been received:
- A completed Graduate School application (paper or online) with a Statement of Purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your academic potential.
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Official GRE General Test results sent directly from Educational Testing Services (ETS)
- $55 application fee
- International students who studied at a university outside of the U.S. should submit official TOEFL or IELTS results