- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate or graduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must meet any admission requirements set by the degree program in addition to those set by the Graduate School.
- Applicants whose academic work has been superior are admitted upon the approval of the degree program and the Dean of the Graduate School.
- GPA: A grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the undergraduate major is required, but requirements may vary among programs and may be higher than 3.0.
- GRE or GMAT: Applicant must obtain a satisfactory score on the GRE General Test, except for the Art program. Programs in the Collins College of Business require the GMAT.
- Fitness of character may also be considered as part of the admission process.
- International applicants must hold a degree comparable to a regionally accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree and must have a record of strong academic performance comparable to a “B” or above average grades.
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language must take the TOEFL or IELTS and have an official copy of their results sent to The University of Tulsa Graduate School.
- Applicants must submit a certified letter of financial support or a certified Confirmation of Financial Resources form.
- Applicants must submit to the Graduate School a copy of the personal data page from their passport before an I-20 can be issued.
After all application materials have been received, two weeks are normally required to process an application. International students who require visas should allow at least four months for completed processing of all paperwork.
Applications and transcripts will be held on file, and admission decisions will be valid for one calendar year.